Setting the stage
Are you getting ready to sell your home? There's a whole new approach to selling a house these days, called staging. Basically, staging is the process of de-cluttering a home prior to showing it, but other tasks such as re-arranging furniture can also make it easier for prospective buyers to imagine themselves in the home you want to sell.
Don't be tempted to believe the myth that it's easier to sort after the move! Nothing could be further from the truth. Or a more frustrating way to begin life in your new home. You don't want to pay to move things that you're going to have to just sort and give away later. So, we help you do it before the moving truck comes.
After all, it took years to fill the home you love. It only makes sense that deciding what to take with you deserves some time too. We consider it a privilege to help you decide:
- What to keep and what to throw away
- What to pass along to friends or relatives
Not quite sure where to start? Not to worry! We specialize in prioritizing and mastering the details of your move. In fact, we have thought of just about everything that can simplify your life and put your mind at ease.
We can also provide scale drawings of the furniture items you plan to keep, so you will know if they fit in your new home prior to the actual move.
Our packing services include:
- Provide boxes and packing supplies (We only charge $1/box used, up to a maximum of $50.)
- Pack and label boxes
- Ensure protection of fragile items
We also take care of cancellations and transfers:
- Phone service
- Water service
- Security system
- Change of address
- Cable TV
How quickly you enjoy your new home depends on what works when you get there. For that very reason, we pay attention to details you may not even think about. Details like which side of the bed you prefer ... the way your furniture is arranged ... or how high you can reach.
The fact is, it takes years of experience to produce the feel-at-home results you get only from Senior Moves. Here are just some of the settling-in services we provide:
- Directing movers to make sure furniture and boxes are placed where you want them.
- Recommending, purchasing and installing organizing containers, as needed.
- Transporting refrigerated items, plants and other fragile possessions.
- Hanging pictures and assembling furniture.
- Unpacking boxes and putting items away.
- Connecting TV and phone.
- Removing boxes and packing materials.
Here are just some of the extra services we offer to make your move easier:
- If you don't drive, we can provide a ride on the day of your move.
- If you need a few items to complete your move because of changes in your living conditions, we can pick them up for you.
- If you have items to be donated to charity, we can box them up and drop them off.
- If you have items to be moved to family members, we can arrange to do that.
- We can do final cleaning, remove hazardous waste and get your home ready for sale.